|OCP Home||Lemon Law Home||New Car||Used Car||Motorized Wheelchair|
5 Reasons to Pursue Relief Through
the Lemon Law Unit Instead of filing
a Private Lawsuit
- It's Much Quicker! - The Lemon Law process has special deadlines which must be met in order to ensure quicker handling of your case. Going to Superior Court could take considerably longer.
- An Attorney is Not Required - You may choose to have an attorney represent you but it is not required. Reasonable attorney's fees are part of the award if you win your case (new cars only).
- Cases are Scheduled at Your Convenience - Cases are scheduled at a date, time and place that is most convenient for you. The Office of Administrative Law gives us the available hearing dates and times from which to choose. Cases are scheduled at one of three locations in New Jersey: Newark, Trenton or Atlantic City.
- The Fee is Only $50 - There is a $50 filing fee which is refunded to you if you win your case (compared to the $200 filing fee in Superior Court). There is no fee for Used Car Lemon Law cases.
- Lemon Law Staff are Available to Answer Your Questions - While the Unit does not provide legal advice or representation, staff are available by phone or email to answer your questions quickly so you'll be better prepared on your Road to Relief!