The Home Inspection Advisory Committee, which is under the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, licenses home inspectors and regulates the home inspection profession.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of home inspection; and
- ensure that home inspections are performed in compliance with State law.
The Board protects the public by:
- ensuring that home inspectors meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting home inspectors who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all home inspectors to meet the standards for licensure and renew their licenses every two years.