State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
Application Fees and Exam Dates
- Engineers-in-training $30.00
- Professional engineers $75.00
- Land surveyors-in-training $30.00
- Land surveyors $75.00
2014 Examination Dates
- April 11, 2014 (Principles & Practices of Engineering)
- Deadline for application: October 4, 2013
- Deadline for documents: December 6, 2013
- October 24, 2014 (Principles & Practices of Engineering)
- Deadline for application: April 18, 2014
- Deadline for documents: June 13, 2014
Fundamentals of Engineering and Fundamentals of Land Surveying Examinations
Fundamentals of Engineering and Fundamentals of Land Surveying examinations will be offered, during the months of January, February, April, May, July, August, October and November 2014 as computer based exams at Pearsons VUE testing centers. You may register at NCEES.org to sit for the FE & FS exams starting in November 2013. Additional instructions and information regarding the computer based FE & FS exams can be found at cbt.NCEES.org.
- Application numbers will be assigned upon receipt of the completed application.
- Effective October 2008, PE examination will be given to all disciplines.
Metallurgical and Materials
Mining and Mineral
Navel Architecture and Marine
Electrical and Computer
Transcripts without application numbers will not be retained. It is your responsibility to request that your college/university submit an official transcript to this office with an application number. Although we have an official deadline date for applications and documents, you are advised to submit all paperwork as soon as possible so that it may be processed promptly. Meeting the document deadline ensures that your application will be reviewed for the next available examination. It does not guarantee that the Board will find you eligible to sit for the exam(s). It is your responsibility to call the Board's office to confirm that all of your documents have been received. Please refer to your assigned application number when calling.
- The professional licensing examinations will be offered at two locations.
- The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), University Heights, Newark, NJ
- West Trenton Volunteer Fire Department, Ewing, NJ
- The examination dates for the year 2014 & 2015 are as follows:
- April 11, 2014 (PE and PLS)
- October 24, 2014 (PE and PLS)
- April 17, 2015 (PE and PLS)
- October 30, 2015 (PE and PLS)
Note: Comity applicants - deadline dates do not apply to you.