This board licenses and regulates master plumbers in New Jersey.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of plumbing; and
- ensure that plumbing is performed in compliance with State law.
The Board protects the public by:
- making sure that master plumbers meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting master plumbers who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all master plumbers to be licensed by the state and to renew their licenses every two years.