This board licenses and regulates psychologists in New Jersey.
The purpose of the Board is:
- To protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey.
- To regulate the practice of psychology.
- To ensure that licensed psychologists practice professionally and ethically.
The Board protects the public by:
- Ensuring that licensed psychologists meet the requirement set by law and regulations.
- Investigating those who may have violated statutes and regulations governing the practice of psychology.
- Requiring those practicing psychology to meet the standards for licensure and renew their licenses annually.