Sign In
Skip to main content Open accessibility information page
Downtown Newark, NJ

Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology Advisory Committee

Frequently Asked Questions

​General Questions

  1. Where can I get information on obtaining Early Intervention Services for a child?

    Go to the New Jersey Department of Health website or call 888-653-4463 for information about how to obtain early intervention services for a child.

  2. Where can I get information on obtaining free or low-cost assistive hearing devices?

    Go to the NJ Division of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing website or call (609) 588-2648 V/TTY or (609) 503-4862 VP.

    NJ Hearing Aid Project - ​Free refurbished hearing aids for eligible low income seniors are available through The New Jersey Division of The Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Montclair State University and Sertoma/Hearing Charities of America.​

  3. Where can I get a list of audiologists or speech language pathologists in my area?

    For children, birth through 21 years of age, a list of pediatric audiologists throughout NJ is provided in the NJ Pediatric Hearing Healthcare Directory (produced by the NJ Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Program of the NJ Department of Health) which can be found at This directory, although easy to use, is not all-inclusive and only provides a listing of audiologists and hearing aids dispensers.

    You can also obtain information about speech language pathologists or audiologists at the American Speech Language Hearing Association website. The New Jersey Speech Language Hearing Association also provides a list of these professionals.

    In addition, you can pay small fee to obtain a printed list of speech language pathologists or audiologists licensed in the state of New Jersey. Just call the Division of Consumer Affairs MIS Department at (973) 504-6338. Leave a message at this number and they will get back to you with the necessary information.

    One other option is to go directly to the NJ EHDI website and scroll down to the highlighted section to get to the Pediatric Hearing Health Care Directory.

  4. How do I find out if a speech language pathologist or audiologist is licensed or if they have any disciplinary history?

    To check to see if an speech language pathologist or audiologist is licensed or if he/she has any disciplinary history it to go to the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs website and click "Verifying a License."

    You can also call the Audiology and Speech language Pathology Advisory Committee at: (973) 504-6390 with any questions.

  5. What is the procedure for making a complaint against a speech language pathologist or audiologist?

    To file a complaint against an speech language pathologist or audiologist licensee, download the complaint form which should be filled out mailed to the Committee (English Complaint Form / Spanish Complaint Form).

Last Modified: 2/5/2020 7:47 AM