The State Board of Chiropractic Examiners licenses and regulates the field of chiropractic. The board licenses chiropractors.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of chiropractic; and
- ensure that chiropractic is performed in compliance with State law.
The Board protects the public by:
- ensuring that chiropractors meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting chiropractors who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all chiropractors to be licensed by the state and to renew their licenses every two years.