New Jersey State Board of Dentistry
The New Jersey State Board of Dentistry licenses and regulates the field of dentistry and its related professions in New Jersey. The board licenses dentists, dental hygienists, registered dental assistants, residents, and a number of related registrations and certificates. The board also issues the following permits: enteral sedation, parenteral conscious sedation, general anesthesia, local anesthesia and specialty permits in dental fields recognized by the ADA.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of dentistry; and
- ensure that dentistry is performed in compliance with State law.
The Board protects the public by:
- making sure that dentists meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting dentists who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all dentists to be licensed by the state and to renew their licenses every two years.
The State Board of Dentistry is aware of a solicitation/notification email that was sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to licensees by an organization that is not affiliated with the State of New Jersey or the Board of Dentistry. The Board does not communicate with its licensees by email concerning the initiation of consumer complaints or investigations. Additionally, the Board urges you to use caution when clicking on links in emails sent to you by unknown individuals. Use your best judgment when sharing personally identifying information on the internet, especially with unknown individuals and organizations.
State Board of Dentistry
Last Modified: 7/16/2018 8:58 AM