P.L. 2019, c. 260 established the Master Hearth Specialists Advisory Committee, under the State Board of Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) Contractors within the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of master hearth specialists; and
- take action against the unprofessional, improper, unauthorized or unqualified practice of hearth professional work and guard against unprofessional conduct by the licensed individuals who practice hearth professional work.
The Committee protects the public by:
- making sure all Master Hearth Specialists meet the requirements set by statute;
- investigating and prosecuting Master Hearth Specialists who break the State's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all Master Hearth Specialists to be licensed and to renew their licenses biennially.