Access to the New Jersey Prescription Monitoring Program
(NJPMP) database at
https://newjersey.pmpaware.net/ is granted to prescribers and pharmacists who are licensed by the State of New Jersey and are in good standing with their respective licensing boards. Registered prescribers may delegate their authority to access the NJPMP to certain other healthcare professionals. To obtain access to the NJPMP, prescribers, delegates, and pharmacists must first register with PMP AWARxE by following the below steps:
- Go to
https://newjersey.pmpaware.net/, a secure website maintained by Appriss, the vendor contracted by the State to manage the NJPMP.
- Click on the "Create an Account" link to register. The user ID will be your unique email address, which may not be a shared email address.
- Follow the instructions, which may include entering your full professional license number, Federal DEA number, NJ State CDS Registration number, full name as it appears on your professional license, and other information. Pharmacists will be required to enter their pharmacy's Federal DEA number. PMP AWARxE utilizes an auto-validation process, which requires complete and accurate data.
- Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) will be required to print out, complete and upload a notarized "request for access" form and a copy of their State-accepted Certified Medical Assistant certificate.
- CMA registrations require review and approval by the NJPMP administrator.
- If your account fails to auto-validate, it will remain in pending status, requiring NJPMP administrator review.
- Following approval of your account, you will be prompted to complete a mandatory, brief tutorial about the NJPMP.
For technical assistance, please contact the Appriss help desk at (844) 465-4767. For questions or issues related to your user registration or account, please email
NJPMP@dca.lps.state.nj.us or call (973) 273-8010.
All individuals who have been granted a temporary emergency license by reciprocity, meet the requirements for the NJ CDS registration waiver, and wish to prescribe CDS to patients in NJ, must register to access the New Jersey Prescription Monitoring Program (NJPMP) at:
https://newjersey.pmpaware.net. When initiating the NJPMP registration process, licensees should select the user role of “COVID19 Prescriber Out of State” under the Healthcare Professional category. During the registration process, licensees will be prompted to enter several personal credential details including their federally-issued DEA registration number and NJ-issued professional license number. Temporary emergency licensees should enter their NJ-issued professional license number in the “Professional License Number” field. Upon registration completion, all NJPMP accounts for temporary emergency licensees will be placed into a pending status for the NJPMP staff to review.
Additional information regarding online registration for the NJPMP can be found at: