The Athletic Training Advisory Committee, which falls under the supervision of the
State Board of Medical Examiners, is responsible for the regulation of athletic trainers.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of Athletic Training; and
- ensure that Athletic Training is performed in compliance with State law.
The Board protects the public by:
- making sure that Athletic Trainers meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting Athletic Trainers who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all Athletic Trainers to be licensed by the state and to renew their licenses every two years.