Home Inspection Advisory Committee
Board Meeting – November 10, 2020
Due to the current state of emergency, the November 10, 2020 meeting of the Home Inspection Advisory Committee will not be held at 124 Halsey Street, Newark, but remotely. Pursuant to the Open Public Meeting Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-9.1 notice is being provided within 48 hours of the scheduled meeting. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 9:30 am and will be conducted electronically only.
The meeting can be accessed by the public via this link:
To participate in the public session, Please click
Any public comments should be submitted by 5:00 pm Monday, November 9, 2020 by e-mailing
BotelhoI@dca.njoag.gov. The email should contain the name of the submitter. The Committee will make its best efforts to read any comments received into the record during the meeting.
Acceptable Photograph and Electronic Evidence Formats
Please be advised that when submitting complaints with accompanying photographs, the submission of clear photographs will greatly assist the Committee in a timely review of your complaint. The following formats will be accepted for photographs or other electronic evidence:
- JPEG or PNG Image Files;
- MP3 Audio Files; or
- MP4 Video Files.
We appreciate your patience.
File a Complaint
The Home Inspection Advisory Committee, which is under the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, licenses home inspectors and regulates the home inspection profession.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of home inspection; and
- ensure that home inspections are performed in compliance with State law.
The Committee protects the public by:
- ensuring that home inspectors meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting home inspectors who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all home inspectors to meet the standards for licensure and renew their licenses every two years.
Last Modified: 10/28/2020 6:28 AM