Home Inspection Advisory Committee
Home Inspector License Renewal
Home Inspector license renewal notices for the period May 1, 2019 - April 30, 2021 are being prepared and will be mailed shortly. Once the Question Response Summary is answered, your current errors and omissions policy uploaded and your fee of $500.00 is paid, your license
will not be not automatically sent until your renewal package is reviewed by the Board staff and validated. Once complete, your new license will be sent to you in approximately 14 days
FROM THE DATE THE INFORMATION IS VALIDATED. There are approximately 1000 licensed home inspectors in NJ and each license renewal must be reviewed individually, so this process may take several weeks. Please be patient and we will work diligently to have your licensed renewed as quickly as possible. Please do not wait until your license is set to expire to renew, as this will only delay the process.
The Home Inspection Advisory Committee, which is under the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, licenses home inspectors and regulates the home inspection profession.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of home inspection; and
- ensure that home inspections are performed in compliance with State law.
The Committee protects the public by:
- ensuring that home inspectors meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting home inspectors who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all home inspectors to meet the standards for licensure and renew their licenses every two years.
Last Modified: 3/14/2019 12:50 PM