Home Inspection Advisory Committee
License Reinstatement Alert
Home Inspection Licenses are renewed every two years. The current period for licenses began on May 1, 2017 and will expire on April 30, 2019. If your Home Inspection License has expired you will need to apply to have it reinstated. Please go to the Applications and Forms section (on the left of this page), select that link and further select Application for Reinstatement and Reactivation and follow the instructions.
The Home Inspection Advisory Committee, which is under the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, licenses home inspectors and regulates the home inspection profession.
The purpose of the Committee is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of home inspection; and
- ensure that home inspections are performed in compliance with State law.
The Committee protects the public by:
- ensuring that home inspectors meet all educational requirements for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting home inspectors who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all home inspectors to meet the standards for licensure and renew their licenses every two years.
Last Modified: 11/14/2018 11:14 AM