Consistent with the requirements of N.J.S.A, 10:4-9.1, electronic notice is herein provided that the New Jersey Stare Board of Ophthalmic Dispensers and Ophthalmic Technicians will hold a meeting on June 10, 2020 at 11:00 am. The meeting is being conducted electronically only. Formal action may be taken at the meeting. Any member of the public wishing to attend the public session of the meeting may do so by clicking the link attached:
CLICK HERE TO ACESS MEETING
Public comments will only be accepted in writing. Any public comments should be submitted by 3:00 pm on Tuesday, June 9, 2020 by emailing Renee Clark, Executive Director at ClarkR@dca.njoag.gov . The email should contain the name of the submitter. The Board will make its best efforts to read any comments received into the record during the meeting.
This board regulates the manufacture and sale of eyeglasses in New Jersey. The board licenses ophthalmic dispensers; ophthalmic technicians; and ophthalmic dispenser and technician apprentices.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of ophthalmic dispensing; and
- ensure that ophthalmic dispensing is performed in compliance with State law.
The Board protects the public by:
- making sure that ophthalmic dispensers meet all educational requirements, and pass the State Board exam, for licensure;
- investigating and prosecuting ophthalmic dispensers who have broken the state's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all ophthalmic dispensers to be licensed by the state and to renew their licenses every two years.