This board is responsible for the regulation of professional planners and planners in training in New Jersey.
The purpose of the Board is:
- to protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- to regulate the practice of professional planners;
- to take action against the unprofessional, improper, unauthorized or unqualified practice of professional planners and guard against unprofessional conduct by the licensed individuals who practice professional planning.
The Board protects the public by:
- making sure all professional planners meet the requirements set by statute;
- investigating and prosecuting professional planners who break the State's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all professional planners to be licensed and to renew their licenses biennially.