The State Board of Polysomnography licenses and regulates the practice of polysomnographic technologists, polysomnographic technicians and polysomnographic trainees.
The purpose of the Board is to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of New Jersey;
- regulate the practice of polysomnography
- take action against the unprofessional, improper, unauthorized or unqualified practice of polysomnography and guard against unprofessional conduct by the licensed individuals who practice polysomnography .
The Board protects the public by:
- making sure all polysomnographers meet the requirements set by statute;
- investigating and prosecuting polysomnographers who break the State's consumer protection laws; and
- requiring all polysomnographers to be licensed and to renew their licenses biennially.